Yes, yes, yes. I’m a long time fan of NYX for their drugstore options that easily compete with high-end brands. As my readers may know, there are some department store liners that I regularly use and love: Gel – MAC Fluidline, Pencil – Stila Smudge Stick, and Liquid – LORAC Front of the Line Pro. I’ve been trying to budget a little bit lately and decided to give drugstore liquid liner a shot once again. After trying (and not falling in love with) NYX’s Super Skinny Eye Marker, I decided I needed something that would punch up the black liner look that I was craving.
Enter NYX Super Fat Eye Marker in Carbon Black.
This pudgy felt-tipped marker gives my lash lines the deep black shade I’m looking for in a smudgeproof, easy to use applicator that is reminiscent of a Sharpie. Excellent! The best part is, this product is pretty much idiot-proof: if you can use a marker, you can apply this liquid liner. I got it at Ulta as part of a buy one get one deal for less than $10. That sure beats the $15+ I would be paying for a department store brand!
What do you think of NYX’s Eye Markers? Do you have any recommendations for liquid liner on a budget? Let me know in the comments below.
Here we have the lovely Sofia Vergara in natural brown and rose colored makeup for the 15th Annual People en Español ’50 Most Beautiful’ Issue Celebration. Love her makeup? Check out the tips below to get her look!
- For Sofia’s flawless face, start with a medium or buildable coverage foundation and set with matte powder. If you’re pale, try a natural looking bronzer, like Benefit Hoola, to get Sofia’s natural tan glow.
- Use a primer on eyelids, like Urban Decay Primer Potion or LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. Then, apply a bronzed brown shadow, like NYX Loose Pearl Eye Shadow in Walnut, to your lids. For a more intense look, dip your eyeshadow brush in water or a drop of Visine to moisten the shadow before applying.
- Groom eyebrows and define with a brow pencil or eyebrow wax.
- Use a black-brown mascara, like Almay One Coat Thickening Mascara in Black Brown, to define top and bottom lashes.
- Lightly apply a dusty rose blush to the apples of your cheeks. Try NYX Powder Blush in Dusty Rose.
- Last but not least, the lip color. To get a deep nude like Sofia’s, try L’Oreal Color Riche in Rich Nude.
What do you think of Sofia’s makeup look? Would you wear it? Let me know!
Image Credits: Celebutopia.net
First off, I’ve taken a little bit of time off from posting, so Happy New Year everyone!
I decided to start this year off by reviewing one of my new favorite products, Nars Blush in Desire. This shade is described by Nars Cosmetics as a “Cotton Candy Pink” and I think that is accurate. It is like a bright, but matte, Barbie hot pink that looks surprisingly natural when applied properly. It is VERY easy to overdo it with this blush, because, like most Nars products, it is extremely pigmented. However, if you use a light hand, this will give you a warm and sunny flush.
I especially love that there is no shimmer at all to this product, which makes it more wearable for day or night time. This product is a little pricey at $26 each, but you only need very little each time, so I could see it lasting a while. For a cheap, similar shade, NYX Powder Blush in “Pinky” creates a similar matte flush for only $6.
What do you think of Nars blush? What are your favorite shades?
This orange inspired look from the Bottega Veneta Spring and Summer 2009 fashion show features nude, subdued makeup with shimmering orange accents.
To incorporate this high fashion look in your day to day makeup routine, start off with a good concealer to combat any dark circles, like theBalm timeBalm Anti-Wrinkle Concealer, $18. In addition to a nude and brown eye, add a pop of orange shadow to the inner corners of your eyes. I’m a fan of NYX Single Eyeshadow in Golden Orange, $5.
To top off the look and keep the focus on your eyes, apply NYX Black Label Lipstick in Nude, $6, to your lips.
What do you think of this Bottega Veneta look? Would you incorporate orange eye shadow into your daily routine?
This product is probably the best mascara I’ve tried — and I’ve tried quite a few this year alone. NYX proves to us all once again that luxury can be affordable, as the quality of this mascara far surpasses even Imju Fiberwig and Diorshow in my opinion.
What do you think, have you tried Doll Eye yet?
Miley, Miley, Miley. This is why they make lip liner! It’s not just to outline your lips, but also to fill them in and keep your products on. If you’re going to be a makeup-wearing celebrity, you should really look into it. So, here are some good picks to help that lip stuff stay on:
Comes in gorgeous natural shades like “Neutrally” and “Cocoa Peach” to keep lips from looking overlined or overdone. Find them at Clinique.com!
NYX Lipliner Pencil, $2.60.
A great bargain buy, like most NYX products! Beautiful shades, from vibrant “Deep Purple” to neutral “Nutmeg,” you can’t go wrong! NYX offers quality pencils for a low price. Check out Nonpareilboutique.com for these.
- Jack Black Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser for Hair & Body Review
- ULTA Dry Oil Body Spray Review (Coconut Cream)
- Tweezerman Sephora Pink Perfection Collection Review
- Best Dry Shampoo – Evo Water Killer Review
- Brad’s Raw Leafy Kale Review (Nasty Hot)