As per tradition here at Dolce Beauty, I am featuring some of the hottest Oscar fashions from tonight’s Academy Awards in a collage format for your viewing pleasure. Please click the images to enlarge.
Featured Starlets (in no particular order)
- Miley Cyrus
- Sandra Bullock
- Tina Fey
- Zoe Saldana
- Charlize Theron
- Elizabeth Banks
- Kate Winslet
- Amanda Seyfried
- Maggie Gyllenhaal
- Demi Moore
What did you think of the fashions this year? Who was your favorite? Let me know!
The price point is, of course, bargain-friendly at around $5 to $8 per item, with edgy black-and-white packaging and cool names.
Some items to be on the look out for:
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer, $8., seems to be winning rave reviews on both the Walmart site and MakeupAlley.
- Hard Candy Just Nails Nail Polish, $5., holds Hard Candy’s iconic plastic ring around the bottle neck. Available in trendy, bright shades!
- Also, an array of lip products that smell/taste sweet and last a while all for around $6.
What do you think of Miley? Is this appropriate for a 16-year-old or just a girl having fun?
Let me know!
Image and News Credits:
I think Miley certainly is looking stylish and dressing appropriately for her age here. Check out these bargain finds that will get you looking fresh and young – all for an affordable price.
- Women’s Embroidered Boho Tank, Old Navy, $12.50
- Birds in Flight Racerback, Forever 21, $10.80
- Medallion Slouchy Tank, Charlotte Russe, $16.99
Where is your favorite place to shop for tanks in the summer? Would you wear Miley’s look?
Let me know in the comments!
Exhibit A: Miley Cyrus and company making seemingly “Asian” faces at the camera. I know those expressions; the eyes pulled to a familiar slant or squinted down to nothingness. And, being half Asian, I know that most Asian people don’t find it funny. Most non-Asian people don’t find it funny either. Maybe that Asian kid in the picture thought it would be amusing. Who knows? But why, Disney Darling, would you want to add potentially racist photos to your celebrity portfolio, and then claim you were just making a “funny face”?
What do you think; racist undertones, bad joke, or both?
Celebrity stylist Tara Swennen uses these Grippy Steps to help her clients get red carpet ready. Grippy Steps are discrete black pads that attach firmly to the soles of your heels to keep slippery shoes in place and avoid an embarrassing slip-up. They are available at DSW Shoe Warehouses Nationwide for $8 a pair.
Tara also recommends Airplus for Her Steppies and Hug My Heels to add a little comfort into those sky high celebrity pumps. I tried them in a pair of otherwise uncomfortable boots and could actually stand and walk for a few hours with no problems!
I wonder if Miley wears these for all Red Carpet events, like the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party (outfit shown in side image). I can’t wait to see what all the celebrities look like tonight! Although I don’t usually, watch the Grammys, the fashion recaps are always entertaining.
Would you wear Grippy Steps? What do you do to make your party shoes more comfortable? Let me know!
Image Credits: Celebutopia.net
- Jack Black Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser for Hair & Body Review
- ULTA Dry Oil Body Spray Review (Coconut Cream)
- Tweezerman Sephora Pink Perfection Collection Review
- Best Dry Shampoo – Evo Water Killer Review
- Brad’s Raw Leafy Kale Review (Nasty Hot)