Sometimes our biggest fears can create the most exciting changes, and for most women, a change of hair color can be dramatic and scary. Rebecca Friedman, celebrity colorist expert at Goodform Salon in Hollywood (Kim Kardashian’s exclusive colorist) gives her tips on the best questions to ask your stylist before you color, and how to find the right tone for your hair’s texture.
6 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR STYLIST BEFORE A COLOR CHANGE:
- What is a realistic level of lightness for me to achieve given my current hair color?
- I’ve had previous chemical treatments on my hair; will this effect how light I can go?
- What tones will best suit my complexion?
- Will the texture of my hair change after I lighten it?
- How often will I have to come it for touch ups?
- Do styling products for color treated hair really work?
I recently went to a local salon to get heavy highlights put in my hair, and I must say, it is very important that you go somewhere reputable and trust your stylist. My stylist, Nicole, was very knowledgeable about the products she put in my hair and gave me a realistic expectation on touch ups. I was careful to inform her that I had previously dyed my hair, as they NEED to know this in order to use the right color products for previously color-treated hair. My stylist also made sure that she blended the colors to work with my dark natural color rather than simply what was in the color book.
I think these tips are very useful and would certainly recommend all Dolce Beauty readers ask their colorist these questions before making a color change!
What do you think? Add your tips in the comments below!
- The Best Body Butters and Balms for Dry Winter Skin – Review
- Flaky Scalp Fix for Under $10: Giovanni Wellness System Scalp Serum Review
- Dr. Woods Daily Exfoliating Facial Cleanser Review
- Class up the Cabbage – Healthy Cabbage Soup Ideas
- These are a few of my favorite things…. Hair Edition