Summer days are flying by, which means that we have fewer weekend getaways on our calendars. Personally, I have been planning a few days of trips to take with the boyfriend, but since he may be starting a new job shortly, my plans are in limbo.
Rushing to fit in travel arrangements and packing sometimes can’t be avoided, but Christina (Chris) Luhur, founder of e-retailer Scarpasa.com, is here to offer advice on how to pack most efficiently (and fashionably) for sunny destinations. This advice is great for people, like myself, who procrastinate packing and then make big lists of tons of stuff to take. Check out Christina’s tips below:
- Opt for quick-change friendly separates. We know it’s warm out, but here layers are unmatched: A camisole underneath your blouse, a stretchy tube which you transforms into a sexy skirt, or a mini dress worn tucked in as a shirt and pulled out for after-hours.
- Stick to basics, particularly if you’re traveling. Consider your Friday outfit an extension of your suitcase, which means packing on layers which you’ll be bound to wear once you arrive.
- Choose a versatile shoe. By opting for a pair of gentle heels, you’ll be comfortable, yet able to glam up when the quitting bell sounds. For example, all of the shoes on Scarpasa.com are hand selected by Chris for comfort, and are under 3” in heel height. Ranging from sandals to boots, flats to wedges, Scarpasa.com curates an international collection of the hottest wearable footwear from independent designers.
What do you think of Chris’s tips? How do you pack for summer trips?
Let me know!
- The Best Body Butters and Balms for Dry Winter Skin – Review
- Flaky Scalp Fix for Under $10: Giovanni Wellness System Scalp Serum Review
- Dr. Woods Daily Exfoliating Facial Cleanser Review
- Class up the Cabbage – Healthy Cabbage Soup Ideas
- These are a few of my favorite things…. Hair Edition