Dr. Nina Naidu says that she frequently uses the home remedies that her mother taught her, many of which provided the impetus behind her South-Asian-inspired product line. “I raid the dairy aisle for some of the best fresh skincare treats imaginable,” says Dr. Naidu. Some of her favorite skin treatments come from the kitchen:
- There is truly nothing more luxurious than cold yogurt for the face. It is an excellent cleanser that will not rob skin of its natural moisture and it will not irritate sensitive skin. Both milk and heavy cream also make great non-stripping cleansers for the face as well.
- Milk baths are an indulgence that everyone should be enjoying. Just pour a cup right into your bath water and let the milk proteins work their magic.
- Put one to two drops of pure almond oil in water for a fantastic non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- My favorite simple yet incredibly luxurious toner is easy to make by boiling a few rose petals in water. Next time someone sends you flowers, snip a few petals for your at-home spa needs!
Test these tips at home today! Your skin will thank you.
Thanks, BlueSky PR, for the tips.
1 Comment to “Spa at Home: Skincare Tips from Dr. Nina Naidu”
- The Best Body Butters and Balms for Dry Winter Skin – Review
- Flaky Scalp Fix for Under $10: Giovanni Wellness System Scalp Serum Review
- Dr. Woods Daily Exfoliating Facial Cleanser Review
- Class up the Cabbage – Healthy Cabbage Soup Ideas
- These are a few of my favorite things…. Hair Edition